Dan Stanford, Assessor
Laura Hammond-Conner, Assessor's Clerk
||5977 East Henrietta Rd. (Click for Map)
Rush, NY 14543
|Phone:||(585) 533-2330 or Assessor’s Cell: (315) 420-1467|
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday 8:30 AM - 1:30 PM
The Assessor's office maintains a current assessment roll, where each assessed value represents a unified percentage of market value. The assessment roll is prepared annually, through analysis of real estate market conditions and maintenance of property ownership records.
Property owners can challenge their assessments either informally or formally. If you believe your property is over-assessed, you can request an inspection. A physical inspection will be conducted and your assessment may be adjusted for the next assessment roll. There is a more formal process, where property owners can present their case to the Board of Assessment Review, which holds its annual meetings beginning on the fourth Tuesday each May.
The Assessor's office also maintains all the tax exemptions which may be allocated to your property. Forms for these exemptions are available at the Assessor's office or you may print them out directly from your computer by clicking on them below.
Note: All exemption forms are due on or before March 1st.
- Register on-line for New York State Star Property Relief Program
- Application for Alternative Veterans Exemption From Real Property Taxation
- Application For Partial Tax Exemption For Real Property Of Senior Citizens (And For Enhanced School Tax Relief (Star) Exemption)
- Application For Partial Tax Exemption For Real Property Of Persons With Disabilities And Limited Incomes
- Agricultural Assessment Renewal Application