Town Clerk's Office
Pamela Bucci, Town Clerk
Meribeth Palmer, Deputy Town Clerk
||5977 East Henrietta Road (Click for Map)
Rush, New York 14543
|Phone/Fax:||(585) 533-1312 / (585)533-9346|
|Town Clerk Email:||
|Deputy Town Clerk Email:||
Monday through Friday 8:30AM - 4:30PM
The Town Clerk's Office is responsible for:
- Provide records management for all departments of the town
- Sell New York State Conservation, Dog and Marriage Licenses
- Collect Town/County and School taxes
- Prepare the town's bills for payment
- Attend and Record Minutes of Town Board meetings
- Attend and Record Minutes of Planning, Zoning and Conservation Boards' meetings
- Perform state-required services for the election process
- Post Legal Notices
- Filing and maintaining Rush Local Laws
- Maintain Personnel files
- Respond to Freedom of information requests, etc.
The Town Clerk's Office offers a number of services to Town residents. The Clerk's office will:
- Collect Town, County and Rush-Henrietta School District taxes
- Sell Conservation Licenses
- Sell NYS Marriage Licenses, provided the following is presented:
- Proof of identification
- Divorce decree (If either party has been married before, they must provide proof of how the last marriage ended, i.e. Divorce decree, death certificate)
- Death Certificates (if applicable)
- NYS licence fee of $40.00
- Sell NYS Dog Licenses
- Accept applications for zoning and planning hearings and provide information on those matters.
- Accept applications for building permits and provide information on building permit process when the inspector is not available.
- Provide information and answer questions on all departments when needed due to the unavailability of the contact person for that department.
- Provide Notary Public services at no charge
- Provide copying and fax services at a fee of 25 cent per page
- Direct inquiries for services outside the local jurisdiction
For information regarding hunting seasons, licenses, and environmental conservation matters please visit the DEC website.